Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mid Size Guitar, Post-Finish

This is one of my mid-size guitars, just after the body's finish is fully cured. You can see I've still got some newspaper covering the inside of the sound hole. That's done to prevent the sprayed finish from getting inside the body. I finish my necks separately from the body for a number a reasons, but you can see in this photo that the neck is not yet carved down. I arranged the photo this way to show you part of the process, and to show off that inlay! It's a dragonfly sitting on a flower. There's several different materials in it, as well as the fret markers and sound hole rosette. I've always loved a good inlay - the intricacy and artistry involved is a great creative expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let everybody know what you think!